Thursday, December 30, 2010

De Verboden Vrucht


Posts have been a bit absent the last few days due to a combination of the holidays and an upper respiratory infection that left me unable to taste anything I put in my face. My daughter is in Brussels for about 10 days visiting on break from university and I tried to get her to guest blog about her St. Louis Framboise this evening, but no dice. So you are left with what I could pull together this evening.

After a full day of showing her the sights, including the Christmas Spectacular and light show in the Grand Place, we all decided we were too tired to try to find a restaurant. We took the tram home and ordered some pizza from our awesome local pizza joint and I cracked open a Verboden Vrucht. This beer is brewed by Hoegaarden, but is closer to a Bruin than the very light pale hoegaarden standard. The beer itself is a cloudy brown color. There is a nice balance of spice and sweet with a bit of hoppy bitterness. Honestly, if it were truly Verboden, I dont think it would be a problem for me. It is fine. Not inspiring, but not bad. Very middle of the road. 3 Drunk Monks.

No comments:

Post a Comment