Sunday, November 6, 2011

Busy Busy



It has been a busy few weeks. I originally thought that I would be spending some time in the US on business but was rerouted to Korea and Japan instead. It was my first time in Korea, but being that I spent less than 36 hours in country, all I can really say is that it was like San Jose except with more coffee shops.



Japan was essentially the same as it was the last time that I was there. Maybe a bit more expensive. I like Japan. The food is tasty and yet healthy at the same time. The people are extremely nice and helpful. Traffic is insane. On this trip what should have been a one hour cab ride to the airport turned into a two and a half hour gauntlet of wrecked vehicles. I probably should have taken the train, but my colleagues in Tokyo made my taxi arrangements and I did not want to seem ungrateful. As it was, I walked up to my gate as boarding started, so no damage done.


While in Japan I did have the opportunity to wander around a little bit in the evening with some of my colleagues. Mostly we wound up at fairly touristy spots but it was good to see other parts of Tokyo.


Returning to Belgium, I was home for all of 16 hours and then SWMBO and I drove to Reims in the Champagne region of France. We had a four day weekend that turned into a three day weekend due to my Asia trip, so we tried to make the most of the time that we had.


Reims and the Champagne region as a whole was great. Driving there from Brussels took us through some beautiful rolling fields. The wine region itself is quite picturesque as well. And as would be expected, the food is really good too. We partook of our share of champagne during the trip and I have to say, as an American, i dont think we do it justice as a wine. Champagne is really good with food. The acidity cuts through rich foods, which is about all you get in this part of the world. We also found several that were quite reasonably priced and excellent.



My travel schedule through the end of the year is similarly insane. SWMBO and I head to Venice on Thursday and then follow that with a trip to the US. We will be home briefly and then I am off to Australia. I will try to keep up with my posts and perhaps review a beer or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment