Tuesday, November 2, 2010

St Feullien Saison & La Guillotine



Last Friday, my wife took the trip into Brussels to scope out what was going on for activities. The Brussels websites all seem to be a bit of a mixed bag, so the best way to find out if there is anything going on is to go and find out. During her scouting mission, she was kind enough to stop by the Beer Temple and picked up a couple of new beers for me to try.

La Guillotine is one of Hyughe beers. A brewery familiar to anyone who has seen the Delirium Trmens pink elephant bottles. La Guillotine would probably qualify as a Belgian Strong beer at more than 9%. This is one I would definitely recommend. There is a nice hoppy herbalness to it that makes it crisp and refreshing. Four drunk monks.

St. Feullien Saison is a farmhouse ale with pronounced spicyness and hoppy flavors. I really like this style. It reminds me of some of the craft brews through the Pacific Northwest. The is clearly among the best beers I have had so far. Four and a half drunk monks.

My wife didn't find anything for us to do in Brussels, but the trip was not a bust as she brought back two excellent beers to try.

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that I got to shop for things I wanted too!

    ReplyDelete