Saturday, November 27, 2010

Starting to feel like winter



Awoke this morning to a light dusting of snow. It was really very scenic on the cobblestones. We used the opportunity to go into Brussels center to visit the Winter Market. Hundreds of small kiosks set up with small gifts, food and chaude adult beverages. We enjoyed the Boudin blanc sandwich with onions. Unfortunately, I am still trying to get over the cold that I caught in the US and so our usual forced march was a little more than I was up for. So we returned home to watch College Gameday on ESPN America. So the afternoon was not a total loss. Actually, this 6 hour time delay works out in many respects. I cant always see the games that I want, but She who must be obeyed doesnt get nearly as irritated as football doesnt really get going until 7PM. Which bring us to a new beer.




Gribousine Blonde de Malonne is a beer that my wife picked up while I was away in the US. As the name suggests, it is a Blonde Ale with a very golden color. It pours out with a small creamy head. The aromas are very yeasty although I had a hard time smelling it over the garlic that was on my wife's hands. The taste is fruity and herbal with a slight hint of garlic (obviously from my wife's pour). Quite a nice beverage that will likely go really well with the garlic bread tonight.

three and a half drunk monks.

No comments:

Post a Comment