Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back to Work

Had a few days off to visit the Sun Devil and enjoy a little sun in Arizona. Returned to beautiful weather here in Brussels. While in Arizona I tried a couple of different local beers, the Four Peaks Hefeweizen and the Four Peaks Kiltlifter. Both were OK, but not inspiring. I will refrain from a formal review because this is a Belgian beer blog. The Hefe did not have the fruityness that you expect from a Hefe and the Kiltlifter seemed a littel thin but that could be just the after effects of having had too many Belgian strong ales.

Last night after work, the weather was so nice I had to log some time on the patio. She who must be obeyed has been complaining about the last two Belle-Vue Framboise that have been sitting in the fridge since the Sun Devil was here for the holidays, so I decided to eliminate the issue. I had not tried the Belle-vue before and found it to be very berry. It reminded my of the Bartle and James beverages of the late 80's. Very sweet with a bit of lambic sourness. These are really popular when the weather is nice and I can see why. Fairly light, lower in alcohol and quite refreshing. Not my cup of tea every night, but when the weather is good, not bad.

Three Drunk Monks!

No comments:

Post a Comment