Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Too Much of Too Much



Well I hate to admit it, but my week in the US left me with a few extra LBS on my frame. I think the combination of hotel breakfasts and 16 oz ribeye's are the culprits. Which of course means a culinary austerity campaign whilst back in Belgium to get back to my pre-US weight. I am heading back to Chicago for 10 days at the end of May, so I am more than a little worried about my will power for that trip. Business travel can only be descirbed as toxic. Too much food, too little sleep, not enough exercise. Until then, She who must be obeyed has vowed to march me around Belgium until I shed the extra pounds.

Not terribly in line with this goal is the boerinneken beer for this evening. Boerinneken is a strong pale ale. The beer pours a cloudy amber color and is quite rich. It has a creamy mouthfeel with a sweet yeasty finish. Hops are light but present and give it good character. I like the beer and would not hesitate to order it again. Three and a half drunk monks.

No comments:

Post a Comment