Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life is Full of Surprises


Tonight I went out into our back yard to snip off some sage leaves for a mushroom, sage cream sauce for my pasta. When I looked up from the sage plant, I noticed that one of the trees had sprouted a bunch of ripe cherries. I probably should have noticed this before, but was pleased with the discovery. I knew we had grapes and strawberries but the cherries are a real bonus. It's amazing what can grow in such a small space. Our back yard is smaller than our living room in the US but it is chock full of surprises. I think I see a cherry tart in our future.

We had another surprise last night. When SWMBO tried to turn on the light, the switch blew and we had no light in our living room. A call to an electrician later and the guy showed up, ON TIME. Fixed the light and didn't charge us. It turns out it was a fuse in the switch itself. You hear stories about horrible Belgium service, but we have often been pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment