Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Americans are a Loud Species

Ok, to be preemptive against my science pals. I know Americans are not a species. But we are loud. I am sitting at the hotel bar in San Diego and the noise from the semi-inebriated conference attendees is deafening. This is after the dinner at the Yard House that was also tinnitus inducing.

I am not sure why this is. Perhaps Americans are just more exuberant. Like a puppy. Europeans are generally not this loud. The Belgians have an excuse. When every army has leveled most of your towns, it probably engenders a more reserved attitude. We are fortunate that way. As Americans, We like to share and think people actually care what we have to say.

I have to say, it is refreshing. It is nice to come home and be among my vociferous American Family.

Except for maybe the chick from New Jersey who's voice could cut glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment