Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Curry and Chimay Tripel


She who must be obeyed pulled together all of her culinary skills today to create a chicken tikka masala and homemade puri. This is a meal that she has made before but today was landmark. The last time, the kitchen was coated in a thin film of oil and curry that took weeks to get clean. Today, she set everything up and with the exception of sounding a little frantic when I called to let her know I was coming home from work, pulled the meal together very efficiently. I have to say, it was a very welcome thing to have dinner ready when I got home. A little Ozzie and Harriet but welcome.

To accompany the curry, I opened a Chimay Tripel. This is the Chimay that comes in the cream colored label, which is a good choice because the mouthfeel is really creamy and full. As readers of this blog know, I like tripels and this is the standard. The Chimay is an opaque deep honey color with a yeasty aroma. Hops are very forward on the palate as are some of the unique esters that give a bit of banana and fruit. This is a beer with a lot of character and flavor and it stands up well to a curry. The creaminess may make it not as ideal as an IPA with the Indian food, but it still has that hoppy zing that cuts through. I really like this tripel and the upside is that it is found pretty easily in the US, so you can try one too. Four Dunk Monks!!!

As a side note. Today is my brother's birthday. Happy Birthday SR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment