Saturday, February 26, 2011

Never Leave the House Without an Umbrella


Today started out promising. Clear (ish) skies and somewhat warmer weather. By the time we emerged from the Metro at Park it was sprinkling. Once we reached the Grand Place it was raining. And by the time we were half way to the fishmarket, it was dumping.

Change of plans.

We dove down into the nearest metro station and decided to head back home and can the day out wandering Brussels. From the look of the Metro station at Broukerie, quite a few other people had the same idea. We reached home about 30 minutes later, soaked to the bone and ready for something warm to eat. After drying off and changing out of the wet clothes we hopped in the car and made our way to Le Chalet Vert a cute Brasserie near the local Carrefour. She who must be obeyed had the Spaghetti Bolognaise and I had the Boudin blanc and boudin noir with applesauce. Tasty as usual. Boudin Noir was something that I could only occaisionally get when we would drive into DC to go to Les Halles. Here, most brasserie will have it on the menu. Bonus for me. I like it, although it probably does nothing for my cholesterol. With my boudin, I ordered a Keizer Karel also known as a Charles Quint. I ordered the blonde version and it was an excellent complement to the boudin. This is a beer that lovers of german beer would really like. It has a very pronounced hop character that is almost pilsner like. At 8.5% it is strong, but not overpowering. Just a really good, crisp beer. 4 Drunk Monks!

No comments:

Post a Comment