Thursday, February 24, 2011

Malheur 10


Our Thursday routine has become heading to Den Engel for steak frites and Bernaise. Thursday tends to be a late night for me with conference calls and meetings, so it's a good excuse to head out to dinner. I have been gradually working my way through their beer list and chose the Malheur 10 this evening. This is a pretty blonde beer that comes in a very pronounced Tulip glass. This is the benefit of ordering beers in a pub in Belgium. They always come in the appropriate glass and that can be half of the fun. The Malheur arrived with 1 inch of head over the golden beer. The odor was yeasty and hoppy. The flavor is the same with a bit of sweetness and some fruit. At 10%, this is a strong beer but the hops and sweetness really balance this out. This is a good example of the style and I think the balance sets it above others I have had recently. Four Drunk Monks!

1 comment: